20.6.13

Dove

 






The dove bird a symbol of peace. Beauty, softness, luxury, relaxation and peace are the characteristics I was envisioning this quilt to be when I was selecting fabrics. Lauren from London wrote to me asking me to make her mother (a country girl at heart) a pretty green, pink and cream quilt for her 60th birthday.

With a stint in hospital for treatment coming up Lauren wanted her mother to take this quilt into hospital with her to remind her of home as she goes through some tough times. I can only hope this quilt bought her comfort and warmth with all that is represents, especially the love of her family.

2 comments:

mrsrobinson said...

Such a beautiful thought behind this quilt... and oh so pretty

Barbara said...

so pretty and peaceful ...
I love these fabrics, Kathryn